The Appointment of Indian Army Chief during British time was called Commander in Chief of Army in India. After independence the designation was changed to Chief of Army Staff? Why so? Please answer?
Who is best Indian Army Chief in War?
- Field Martial Sam Mankeshaw - 71 War (50%, 2 Votes)
- Field Martial Kodandera M Cariappa - First Army Chief (50%, 2 Votes)
- General Jayanto Nath Chaudhuri - 1965 war (0%, 0 Votes)
- General Prem Nath Thapar - 1962 War (0%, 0 Votes)
- General V P Malik - Kargil War (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 3
Chamber of Commerce of Ex Servicemen brings Military Travel ; website (a special sub domain) to bring best search engines to provide best travel services to members of military families at best value of money.
The website provides best search engine for bundle of services like, air travel, hotels, bus, train, scooters, bikes, quad bikes, cycles, local amusement, HO HO Bus, military travel discounts through UD Chalo Link, legal compensation, taxi and other key services.
It is on stop single window platform to club all services at one place.
Members of military families are requested to use these services using various filters to get cheap services which are best value of money.
Please note that all customer services will be provided by the respective service provider and shall be contacted accordingly.
Interactive Session on Decoding Union Budget:
A Real Estate Perspective
13th February 2019, Federation House, FICCI, New DELHI
I am pleased to inform you that Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) is organizing an Interactive Session on Decoding Union Budget – A Real Estate Perspective scheduled 09:00 am, Wednesday, 13th February 2019 at FICCI Federation House, New Delhi. Ernst & Young LLP will be the knowledge partner for this interactive session. This interactive session aims to discuss the impact of Union Budget (2019-20) on Real Estate Sector, with a distinct focus on GST, Anti-profiteering, India-AS and RERA via understanding viewpoints from each stakeholders including – developer, land owners, IPC’s, banks, law firms, private equity and consultants.
I write to cordially invite you as a COMPLIMENTARTY DELEGATE and to take advantage of this unique initiative by participating and/or nominating your senior colleagues to the conference.
Kindly share your details to military chamber at this link http://militarychamber.org/contact/ giving following details
Can you imagine functioning in military without a telephone directory or call signs? It is almost impossible.
Similarly in business or socio-eco arena it is not possible to grow business with out a business directory. Business directory is data bank of listings from various fields and help you in creating right connection.
The Military Chamber is creating the first ever business directory of Military Families in the country listing following:
- R&D Institutes, Experts & Consultants like defence, agriculture and any other field.
- Successful professionals like doctor, lawyers, educationists, HRD, coaches etc
- Leaders in field of art and culture like cinema and music
- Leaders in field of social work and media
- Leaders in politics or public service including govt.
- military leaders
- Women entrepreneurs
- and many more
Members of military families including military spouses and military children and civilian friends of soldiers can list their business and professional talent in the directory.
Directory facilitates members in first knowing about the rich pool of talent which exists among us. It also helps you in contacting each other to create cooperation, value and business.
Please list your business and talent in the directory. More it grows more value it brings.
Chamber has also created a separate section for Military Family Leadership Club.
National Logistics & Supply Chain Network works as national circulation system of her economy. No nation can survive without it. With development of Good Highways the sector is poised to see good growth.
Many of members of military families are engaged in business related to transport, ware houses and cold storage in an unorganised manner.
The military chamber feels that if we organise sector under one IT based system management and connect it with other national network, thousands of business opportunities and jobs can be created for the military families.
In above backdrop, The Military Chamber has taken a call to create a Military Family Logistics & Supply Chain Network under ‘Project Oxygen’ to connect and create more opportunities for military families and civilian friends of soldiers in following areas:
- Warehousing, cold chain and storage
- Transportation of men and material domestically and international.
- Business Booking agents
- Business Sales and Promotion Division
Chamber is coming up with certain innovative models where one can work from even home in certain areas.
The above model will create thousands of opportunities for military families and civilian friends of soldiers.
Chamber is in discussion with some big players in the market to get business sales, promotion and funding support.
The model will create small business plans and also cerate funding and business sales support. The model shall provide and opportunity to military families to select and connect.
The model will also help existing businessmen from military families to expand.
The Military Chamber dreams to create the largest such network in country in 10 years to support govt as well as private sector needs.
The network will help farmers to create stake in supply chain and also be a stake holder in it.
EOI are invited from the members of the military family and civilian friends of soldiers to connect with the proposed network.
Please send same to email@example.com with your brief profile and contact details. Chamber shall contact you soon.
‘The Military Chamber under ‘Project Gyaan’ has a plan to create nationwide network of Military Family Public Schools in rural areas where most of the ex servicemen come from. In these rural areas no good quality education exists causing hardship to military families.
Chamber is in talks with some funding agencies to finance these schools. Talks are in advance stage and are likely to be finalised soon.
Chamber plans to start these schools in following Three models:
- Chamber owned Schools ; At initial stages military chamber plans to start 5 schools and then expand to more.
- Participative Model; In this mode, military families in their proposed areas shall form a local education governing council duly recognised by chamber and pool in 4 acres of land plus 10% of local school project cost. Rest of the money shall be invested by the chamber.
- Existing schools owned by military families can also affiliate with the project retaining their own name. They can get funding for their expansion and also use centralised management and quality audit services.
The schools shall be state of art with all sports including stadium and cultural facilities and shall have a local Ex-servicemen Club, Business Support and HRD Centre and if ECHS agrees then space for their staff.
These school & facilities shall be open to local military families and civilian friends of soldiers.
The schools shall be affiliated to CBSE and will be managed in a highly professional manners with a IT based centralised school management system and quality audit services.
Chamber invites expression of Interest from those Military Families & Civilian Friends of the Soldiers who wish to be part of Project Gyaan and are wiling to convene local education governing council.
Please submit interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
Membership of the chamber is open for Indian Ex-Servicemen, members of the Indian military families and civilian friends of soldiers.
Basic registered Guest Membership is open right now for eligible persons and is free
To become registered guest members fill the details at the link:- Register
The Military Chamber is in Process of Forming a Military Family Corporate Leadership Club wherein a honor shall be given to such member to get listed in a special category of chamber’s directory and showcased as such. Such members shall be special invitees to all events of the chamber.
The following members of the military families and members of the chamber’s are eligible to be member of this Club:
- All Gallantry Awards (Veer Chakra & Above) Winners irrespective of ranks
- Business Promoters with annual turn over of 5 crores and above
- Who hold appointments of GM and above in private companies, DGM and above in Public Sector Company and Joint Secretory & Above in Govt
- Commissioned Officers those who have commanded military battalions
- Junior Commissioned Officers who have held the appointments of Subedar Major and equivalent
- National & International Sports Medal winners
- Winners of State, National and International Awards of Excellence
- Established personalities from the field of art, culture, cinema, music, heath and social care etc
- Educationists who have principals/ heads of primary, middle or 10+2 schools, colleges and above
- Established authors, journalists etc
- Established experts, consultants, advisers & mentors
- Any MLA/MP or equivalent
- Any other person with established leadership profile on case to case basis
Civilian Friends of the Soldiers who have business above 50 Crores annual turn over or hold designations of VP and above in companies having 100 crores annual turnover shall be invited honorary members of the Military Family Leadership Club
Such members shall also have privilege to bring their spouses, parents, brothers and sisters and children’s to all special events and honors hosted for them.
Chamber of Commerce of Ex Servicemen is an Apex Business Not for Profit and Govt recognised business body working with a mission to create more opportunities and growth for the ten million military families in India.
Chamber invites business entities, services providers, professionals and advisors/ consultants from military families and civilian friends of the soldiers to submit proposals for discounted quality services or special offers to military families.
Chamber shall provide following facilities to civilian friends of soldiers for one year free of cost:
1. Membership of the Chamber as Friends of Soldiers
2. Listing of business in Business Directory
3. Listing of a Key Professional from your company in our directory.
4. Privilege to promote it on chambers classified and fauji book activities wall.
5. One time inclusion of business listing in our news letter
6. Once in a month listing of your promotion of classified in Chamber Yellow Pages being published once in a month.
After one year, civilian friends of soldiers has to take chamber membership which is subject to one time affordable admission fee and annual subscription.
However for members of military families, the above services except classified tool as mentioned in para 3, 4 and 6 shall be free as per applicable terms of basic guest member.
Chamber also plans to conducts nationwide programs and events. all above companies/ entities making proposal shall have privilege to participate in such programs and events subject to terms and conditions as applicable on case to case basis.
Chamber is also in process of creating a HRD advisory network across country. Such entities also may like to be part of it?
Chamber is coming up with an annual award to be announced on 14 Jan 2018 ( Indian Military Veterans Day). All such entities become eligible to be considered for such awards on submission of citation.
Discounted services/ special offers shall be given to military families contacting entities through chamber.
Chamber shall carry out following checks before accepting offers:
- Due verification of credential of companies and promoters
- Due verification of quality parameters
- Due diligence of reputation of the brand
- Due deliberation to work our robust delivery model
Please submit proposals giving following details:
- Brief profile of company/ entity/ or person ( in case of professional services) including details of company structure, profile of promoters, turn overs, CIBIL rating ( if there and as applicable)
- Details of quality certifications
- Details of products/ services offered
- Discounted rates/ special Offers ( not as per MRP but over prevailing rates in the market)
Relaxation to members of military families shall be given subject to deliberations.
Please submit proposals to email@example.com